Introducing a 9th AmeriCorps Member!

Introducing a 9th AmeriCorps Member!

This week we are pleased to introduce Nam Duong, an Americorps member serving with the Weitzman Institute and involved in many other Americorps activities. Read on for his bio: 

My name is Nam, and I’m serving my AmeriCorps term at CHC’s Weitzman Institute. I’m from Long Beach, California. I’m really fascinated by biology. After graduating with a degree in microbiology from California State University, Long Beach, I worked on research projects investigating embryonic neurogenesis and neglected parasitic diseases.

Though moving to Connecticut from California was a big decision, it was one I am happy to have made. I really enjoy working at CHC and its Weitzman Institute. I have come to better understand the challenges that people face and the incredible potential we have to improve people’s lives. While our research and quality improvement initiatives are transformative and founded on rigorously analyzed data, I am reminded on a daily basis of how important it is to be surrounded by good people. The insight and dedication of each person with whom I work inspire me to challenge myself and make our communities better places to live.

In my free time, I travel as extensively as my (rather modest) budget will allow. Hanoi, Vietnam is my favorite place to travel to. The weather is scorching, but the lakeside city has several all-you-can-eat ice cream buffets. I especially enjoy reading. When I turned 6, my mom got me The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein and I have loved books ever since. At the moment, I am reading Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman.

Nam

Comments are closed.