Browsed by
Month: November 2014

Weitzman Weekly

Weitzman Weekly

Weitzman Weekly Spotlight: Rewards to Quit (R2Q) w/ Carlee Clarino Despite the grave health risks that come with smoking cigarettes, some smokers cannot seem to quit. In an attempt to help people quit, staff members in the various Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC) sites have been, and continue to, enrolling patients into a study called Rewards to Quit. The study, often referred to as R2Q, provides eligible participants with access to services (such as group therapy, Quit Hotline, nicotine replacement…

Read More Read More

Dr. Benjamin Sommers, Harvard School of Public Health

Dr. Benjamin Sommers, Harvard School of Public Health

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Benjamin Sommers, Professor of Health Policy and Economics at the Harvard School of Public Health. Dr. Sommers is an expert on the impact of universal health coverage and Medicaid expansion as well as their influence on improved outcomes, reduced mortality rates and improved public health.

Introducing a Third Nurse Practitioner Resident!

Introducing a Third Nurse Practitioner Resident!

This week we are pleased to introduce a third Nurse Practitioner participating in our residency program, Ashley Fine. She has extensive experience in the health care setting both in the United States and abroad and is currently working with patients at our Middletown site. Learn more from her biography below: I finished my Master of Science in Nursing this past Spring at Johns Hopkins School of Nursing. Before that I worked as nurse on the in-patient orthopedic/trauma unit at The Johns Hopkins…

Read More Read More

November is Diabetes Awareness Month!

November is Diabetes Awareness Month!

As many of you know November is Diabetes Awareness Month, and the number of people effected by this disease is ever increasing in the United States and around the world. This month is intended to shed light on the daily struggles and lifestyle choices people living with diabetes must make, both those with type 1 and type 2. Here are just a few of the recent statistics on diabetes from the American Diabetes Association: Nearly 30 million children and adults…

Read More Read More

Dr. Peter Basch, Medical Director of Ambulatory EHR and Health IT Policy, MedStar Health

Dr. Peter Basch, Medical Director of Ambulatory EHR and Health IT Policy, MedStar Health

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Peter Basch, Medical Director of EHR and Health IT Policy at MedStar Heath and Visiting Scholar at the Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform at the Brookings Institution. They discuss the challenges practices are facing adhering to ONC’s Meaningful Use requirements with health IT adoption.

Introducing a Sixth AmeriCorps member!

Introducing a Sixth AmeriCorps member!

This week we are pleased to introduce Eliza Hompe, a Community Health Corps Member serving with Access to Care in the Fairfield county sites. She has started her year of service off working on some great projects, with many more to come! Read her introduction below: Hi CHC! My name is Eliza Hompe and I am serving in the Access to Care position at the Norwalk and Stamford sites for the upcoming year. I am from New Canaan, CT and…

Read More Read More