Nurse Practitioner in Residency Profile – Elizabeth Scott
Meet Elizabeth Scott, a Nurse Practitioner in Residency at CHC, Inc.!
– Can you tell us a bit about your educational background?
I studied International Development at McGill University in Montreal as an undergraduate. I did my RN certificate and Masters in Nursing at Yale. Between the two degrees I spent a couple of years working in public health in South Sudan, and then a year working at a drop-in center for homeless men in Toronto.
– What about joining CHC most excites you?
Since I was slow to respond to this survey I’ve actually already been here 6 months! I continue to be impressed by the constant efforts to refine and improve the system, and the tangible difference these changes can make in patient care. It’s also amazing to be in an environment that is so supportive of nurse practitioners working to the full scope of their practice as primary care providers.
– If not seeing patients/serving at CHC you would rather be _____________?
Outside, preferably doing some type of sport.
– What musical artist currently dominates your iPod?
I usually seem to end up on the Florence and the Machine station on Pandora.
– Do you have a unique talent?
I wish! Does ability to eat a ridiculous amount of chocolate count?
– What is your favorite sports team?
I really only tune in for the Olympics, and then I’m cheering for Canada.
– What is your current favorite movie?
Office Space – always hilarious.
– What is your dream job?
Being a primary care provider in a community health center setting, but also having time to fit in policy/public health work and maybe some teaching.
– What is one thing you would like the CHC team to know about you?
I’m incredibly grateful for everyone’s patience and support over the past few months. Also, I might tease you if you complain about the cold weather. Compared to Montreal these winters are balmy!