Monthly Archives: June 2016

How to Manage Diabetes during Ramadan

A few years ago CHC published a blog discussing Ramadan and the precautions diabetic patients may need to take to manage their health while fasting. Given that Ramadan occurs during the summer solstice this year, meaning the time between sunrise … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Lynn Quincy, Director of Health Care Value Hub, Consumers Union

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Lynn Quincy, Director of the Health Care Value Hub at Consumers Union, which seeks to assist consumers in obtaining the best information on drug and health care pricing, consumer-friendly insurance … Continue reading

Posted in CHC Radio | Leave a comment

Classic Roasted Salsa

Ingredients: 2 large tomato’s 1 medium white onion, halved 3 jalapenos 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes) Coarse salt and ground pepper 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Directions: Heat broiler, with rack in top position. Place … Continue reading

Posted in General, Wellness | Leave a comment

Harpreet Sood, Sr. Fellow to CEO of NHS England

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr.Harpreet Sood, Sr. Fellow to the CEO of the National Health Service of England. Dr. Sood addresses the strengths of the health systems of both the UK and the US, … Continue reading

Posted in CHC Radio | Leave a comment

When I met Muhammad Ali

I was traveling down south visiting Health Centers and landed in the Memphis Airport and was walking between arrivals and departures when I saw a man with a gaggle of young children beside him. Walking by I glanced and by … Continue reading

Posted in General | Leave a comment

Prescription for Outdoor Activity; a Day with Dr. Robert Zarr

This past Friday, May 27th, Dr. Robert Zarr, MD, MPH, FAAP, a board-certified pediatrician at Unity Health in Washington, DC visited CHC to conduct grand rounds for our providers. While he was here, he also led a Community Forum in … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment