National Nutrition Month may be drawing to a close, but eating well is a great goal all year long. And there’s no one better to help you reach that goal than CHC’s team of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists! Ask for an appointment today, and check out these easy tips from EatRight.org for keeping a healthy, nutritious lifestyle:
- Include a variety of healthful foods from all of the food groups on a regular basis.
- Consider the foods you have on hand before buying more at the store.
- Buy only the amount that can be eaten or frozen within a few days and plan ways to use leftovers later in the week.
- Be mindful of portion sizes. Eat and drink the amount that’s right for you.
- Continue to use good food safety practices.
- Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.
- Realize the benefits of healthy eating by consulting with a registered dietitian nutritionist. RDNs can provide sound, easy-to-follow personalized nutrition advice to meet your lifestyle, preferences and health-related needs.
Remember, there’s no one diet that’s right for everyone. The best way to be healthy is to eat healthy, tasty foods that work for your life. As our RDN Anna Ramos says: “Find balance in your diet by choosing foods that nourish and satisfy both your body and mind.”
Check out EatRight.org for more tips on how to stay healthy all year round.