Introducing an 11th Americorps member!

Introducing an 11th Americorps member!

This week we are pleased to introduce Zach! He is spending his year of Americorps service at CHC coordinating the Family Wellness Center in Middletown, and also involved in the diaper bank and Reach Out and Read.

Hi CHC! I’m Zachary Parker and I was born and raised in Middletown. I began modeling at the early age of five years old because my kindergarten teacher discovered me. From there I have developed a love for the fashion industry through modeling. I went to New York City to pursue fashion. After school and traveling I looked for opportunities through AmeriCorps because I have always wanted to give back to others in need. I came home to Middletown and I found out that the new CHC was looking for AmeriCorps right in my community. I was already an existing patient when the Community Health Center was the old medical building and fell in love with the organization then. I obviously jumped on the amazing opportunity.

I work in the Family Wellness Center as the Program Coordinator. I enjoy coordinating different free kids activities, connecting families with community resources; co-managing Reach Out and Read, a literacy program; coordinating programs for our fitness/dance center Vinnie’s, and working with the New Haven Diaper Bank. Being in a wonderful place for underserved families to grow in the community has truly been rewarding. It has been a fulfilling experience for me to give back to my community through helping these families while serving in a major organization. I also enjoy all the AmeriCorps projects that I have been able to give back to Middletown, my hometown.

10246743_1017201591627344_7966650253653297404_n

Comments are closed.