Browsed by
Month: October 2014

Dr. Eric Green, Director of the National Human Genome Research Institute at NIH

Dr. Eric Green, Director of the National Human Genome Research Institute at NIH

This week, Mark and Margaret speak with Dr. Eric Green, Director of the National Human Genome Research Institute at the National Institutes of Health, the world’s largest organization dedicated solely to genomics research. Dr. Green was on the team that mapped the human genome and talks about new initiatives at NIH to create better platforms for storing and sharing big data in this new era of scientific research.

Introducing the Nurse Practitioner Residents!

Introducing the Nurse Practitioner Residents!

CHC has welcomed another class of Nurse Practitioner Residents to our program this fall! They will be gaining experience throughout the sites while bringing their new perspectives. There are ten residents at our sites across Connecticut, but for the first time CHC is also remotely-hosting a program for four NP Residents in Washington State, at the Yakima Valley Farm Worker’s Clinic and Columbia Basin Health Association. We will be introducing them all on the blog here every other Thursday, as…

Read More Read More

Janet Marchibroba, Executive Director of CEO Council on Health and Innovation at the Bipartisan Policy Center

Janet Marchibroba, Executive Director of CEO Council on Health and Innovation at the Bipartisan Policy Center

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Janet Marchibroda, Executive Director of the CEO Council on Health and Innovation at the Bipartisan Policy Center. The Council, comprised of 9 CEO’s from some of the country’s largest employers, just released a report: Building Better Health: Innovative Strategies from America’s Business Leaders, which lays out recommended actions for business leaders to assist in containing health care costs and improving outcomes.

Conversation on Poverty

Conversation on Poverty

“We have never lost sight of our goal…an America in which every citizen shares all the opportunities of this society…the distance which remains is a measure of the great unfinished work of our society.”                                                                                            …

Read More Read More

Introducing the CHC Health Corps Members!

Introducing the CHC Health Corps Members!

This week we will introduce a second AmeriCorps member who is spending their year of service with us here at Community Health Center. We are pleased to introduce Kristen Kleener, who is working with the Early Detection Program. Read her introductory bio below: Hi I’m Kristin Keener. I am from Golden, Colorado- the Coors Brewing Company’s Headquarters. I have lived in Colorado for most of my life, but have had some fun times living in Australia, Florida, Ethiopia and Oregon….

Read More Read More