Registered Dietitian Profile – Rachel Swanson

Registered Dietitian Profile – Rachel Swanson

March is National Nutrition Month. Read on to meet Rachel Swanson, one of the fantastic Registered Dietitians at CHC, Inc.!

Swanson, Rachel

–          What inspired you to become a Registered Dietician?

Once I saw how much better we could all feel when eating well, I was sold!  I have worked with so many folks that -with a little bit of nutrition guidance, have made remarkable changes in how they live their lives.

–          What’s your favorite food?

My favorite food has to be any kind of  homemade pizza-it’s delicious and a  family event at my house.

–          Can you briefly describe your favorite recipe?

I always keep the ingredients for this on hand for a quick and easy week night supper-  tortellini, chicken, pesto and sun dried tomatoes.  Just toss it all together and it’s ready in no time!

–          What is one general tip you would give to someone looking to improve their diet?

Keep it simple…eating doesn’t have to be so complicated!

–          If you were stranded on an island, what is one food/beverage you’d want unlimited supply of?

I would need to have peanut butter…and chocolate.

–          What does National Nutrition Month mean to you?

NNM is  a great time to remind people to give some thought to what and how they eat.  It can really help get many of us on track with making a few healthier choices.

–          What’s the best part of your job?

The best part of my job is translating the ‘science’ of nutrition into helping people make everyday choices that will work for them.

Comments are closed.