Browsed by
Month: February 2013

Dr. Daniel Kraft, Executive Director of FutureMed

Dr. Daniel Kraft, Executive Director of FutureMed

This week, Mark and Margaret speak with Dr. Daniel Kraft, Executive Director of FutureMed and the Medicine Track Chair at Singularity University. Dr. Kraft discusses FutureMed 2013, which hosts a gathering of the world’s thought leaders and innovators in technologies that are poised to dramatically change health care delivery of the future.

HealthCorps Navigator Profile – Kiran Narain

HealthCorps Navigator Profile – Kiran Narain

Meet Kiran Narain, a HealthCorps Navigator serving in CHC’s Mobile Dental Program! –          Can you tell us a bit about your educational background? I graduated from UConn in May with a B.S. in Allied Health Sciences.  I will be attending dental school in the fall. –          What about joining CHC most excites you? I am able to meet many great people and all of the opportunities to work in the community. –          If not seeing patients/serving at CHC you would rather…

Read More Read More

Flu Season Interview With Dr. Nwando Olayiwola

Flu Season Interview With Dr. Nwando Olayiwola

The flu – or seasonal influenza – is at its strongest in 6 years this season. Continue reading for the answers to some frequently asked questions about the flu, provided by CHC’s Chief Medical Officer, Nwando Olayiwola, MD, MPH, FAAFP. Q: Should I worry about the flu? I have heard mixed reports about how serious it is. A: Yes, the flu should be taken seriously every year, and with the heightened strength of the strands we are seeing this year,…

Read More Read More