Prudence Crandall’s “Silent No More” Candlelight Vigil

Prudence Crandall’s “Silent No More” Candlelight Vigil

The following is a note from Martha Trevey about the Prudence Crandall’s “Silent No More” candlelight vigil:

On Thursday evening I had the opportunity to attend Prudence Crandall’s “Silent No More” candlelight vigil. Prudence Crandall is one of WYA’s (Wherever You Are, CHC’s health care for the homeless program) community partners. Our WYA team travels to the center weekly to provide both acute and primary care to women and men in residence. The evening proved to be a meaningful gathering of domestic violence survivors, staff, and community members. Together, we listened to a reflection from local clergy, heard the personal stories of two survivors, and remembered the names of individuals who lost  their life due to domestic violence this year. Prudence Crandall presented CHC with a Rev. David Crabtree Award in acknowledgement of our partnership and shared works. The night allowed me to reflect on the injustice of domestic violence and appreciate the great strength and courage of survivors. As the community gathered, I am reminded that partnership and collaboration  creates a voice that is stronger than just the sum of our parts. I hope that together we continue to provide services to those who are victims of abuse and work to eradicate domestic violence in the future.

Comments are closed.