CHC Community HealthCorps: A Ripple of Hope

CHC Community HealthCorps: A Ripple of Hope

So, I see on my calendar that there is the CHC AmeriCorps Graduation today at noon.  I’m sure that there will be plenty of speeches thanking all of you for the great work you’ve done this year, so I figured, as social media manager, I’d share my thanks electronically.

Between my job of promoting great things happening at CHC and sitting up on the third floor of the old dental building, next to the office of two AmeriCorp members and a slight walk away from the office of a third, I’ve been in a great position to see all the wonderful work that the whole AmeriCorps member team has done for CHC, for the people of Connecticut, and ultimately, for the world we live on.  It makes me think of Robert Kennedy’s famous “Ripple of Hope” speech:

“Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”

Thank you, each and everyone.  Now, before you go, one last thing.  Please, keep tweeting.  Help us document this day.  Send pictures to Facebook.

Again, thanks, and let’s stay in touch.

Comments are closed.