Browsed by
Month: July 2011

Developing Innovations in Health Care

Developing Innovations in Health Care

When I first interviewed at CHC, one of the selling points for me was the health center’s commitment to innovation.  I must admit, I was a little skeptical.  Innovation is a word thrown around by just about everyone these days, especially when it comes to social media or marketing.  On the other hand, many organizations are only starting to get involved in social media, and I have yet to find another health center with a full time social media manager,…

Read More Read More

Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health

Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health

Conversations on Health Care focuses this week on 30 years of fighting AIDS. Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Anthony Fauci, a leader at the forefront of clinical, research, and advocacy efforts for HIV/AIDS both in the United States and around the world.

Fairfield County July 2011 Employees of the Month

Fairfield County July 2011 Employees of the Month

This month was a special month in Fairfield County. We had two employees who demonstrated such incredible effort in their work that Adele Gordon presented two individuals with the award. These two fabulous CHC staff members are Fatma Naiem and Krystle Moore. Fatma Naiem is a Dental Assistant in Stamford. She has also spent the last two years volunteering as the site safety officer. When the Connecticut Department of Health made its surprise visit last month and Adele was out…

Read More Read More

The Age of Hopes and Dreams

The Age of Hopes and Dreams

At 11:26 AM, EDT on July 8, 2011, the Space Shuttle Atlantis lifted off on the final voyage of the Space Shuttle Program.  For many, it signaled the end of the space age and so many dreams.  In true twenty-first century social media style, I was doing several things at the same time.  I was participating in a webinar about ways to improve access to healthcare.  I was reading the tweets of people following the launch, with many commenting about…

Read More Read More

Susan Dentzer, editor-in-chief of Health Affairs

Susan Dentzer, editor-in-chief of Health Affairs

Conversations on Health focuses this week on the critical policy issues for innovation and legislation. Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Susan Dentzer, editor-in-chief of Health Affairs, the nation’s leading journal focusing on the intersection of health, health care and health policy in the United States and around the world.

“It Will All Be Perfect”

“It Will All Be Perfect”

Last year, I heard a powerful song by a fairly unknown music entitled, “It Will All Be Perfect”. I’ve spent my life just looking for a place that I belong And no matter what I try to do, something always has gone wrong No one’s taken time to know me and still loved me like you do There’s no one in this world I’ll ever love as much as you Still there’s a shame that’s deep within me I keep…

Read More Read More