Celebrating Milestones

Celebrating Milestones

As the flood waters roll down the Mississippi, people fight for democracy around the globe and politicians struggle over difficult budget issues in Hartford and Washington, we can easily get overwhelmed.  It is important to try and keep things in perspective, so I look out my window at the tulips that are blooming in front of CHC’s behavioral health building, and the flag flying above the new building that is under construction a block away.

Yesterday, CHC staff, together with local dignitaries, students, and community members took a moment to celebrate an important moment.  The final beam was put into place in what will be our new health center next year.  The Middletown Patch posted Community Gathers for New Health Center Construction’s Midway Point.  The Middletown Eye wrote about the Topping Off Ceremony at New CHC Headquarters and the Middletown Press wrote about the New Community Health Center halfway done in Middletown.

From my perspective, it was interesting to stream some of the event via QIK

Also, various pictures are available on our Facebook Page.

The flood waters will recede.  Budgets will be established.  Hopefully, democracy will spread.  Meanwhile, the building progresses and it is great to celebrate a milestone and progress towards a lasting structure to provide quality health care to underserved populations.

Comments are closed.