Browsed by
Month: December 2014

Dr. Tejal Gandhi, CEO of the National Patient Safety Foundation

Dr. Tejal Gandhi, CEO of the National Patient Safety Foundation

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Tejal Gandhi, President and CEO of the National Patient Safety Foundation and the Lucian Leape Institute at NPSF. They are dedicated to eliminating medical mistakes and patient harm in the health care system, as well as creating a safe environment for health care workers.

Get Your Portrait Taken this Holiday Season at the Community Health Center in Middletown and New Britain

Get Your Portrait Taken this Holiday Season at the Community Health Center in Middletown and New Britain

“A picture can tell a thousand words, but a few words can change its story.” – Sebastyne Young Jeremy Cowart a world renowned artist who uses paint, graphic design, and a camera lens to capture the beauty in people and art across the world. Not only is he an artist, but a huge humanitarian. He’s always trying to think of how he can help impact communities, and give them voices. One of his latest contributions is being the co-founder with…

Read More Read More

Introducing a Seventh AmeriCorps Member!

Introducing a Seventh AmeriCorps Member!

This week we are pleased to introduce a Seventh AmeriCorps member, Julia Sisson! She is spending her year of service based with CHC’s ‘Wherever You Are’ program. Read on to learn more:  Hi there! My name is Julia Sisson and I am in the outreach and SOAR case management position with Wherever You Are in Middlesex County. I’m originally from Tolland, Connecticut, but I’ve been away for the past four years studying Psychology and Studio Art at Smith College in…

Read More Read More

Dr. Eric Viire, Medical Director, XPrize Competition

Dr. Eric Viire, Medical Director, XPrize Competition

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Eric Viire, Medical and Technical Director of the Qualcomm Tricorder XPRIZE Competition and the Nokia Sensing XCHALLENGE which seeks to put the future of health care in the palm of your hands. Dr. Viire discusses the competition finalists utilizing technological advances that are making it possible to develop hand held diagnostic sensors capable of identifying numerous conditions in one device.

Successfully Helping Patients Manage their Diabetes and Take Ownership of their Health!

Successfully Helping Patients Manage their Diabetes and Take Ownership of their Health!

The Danbury Community Health Center has implemented a new way to assist patients with managing their chronic disease and improve their overall health- Shared Medical Visits. The goal of these shared medical visits is to improve patient outcomes by empowering them to take ownership of their health. Currently, the shared medical visits occur quarterly and focus on diabetes management. They provide diabetic patients the opportunity to engage with other diabetic patients, medical providers, behavioral health clinicians, dietitians, nurses, and guest…

Read More Read More