Monthly Archives: September 2011

AmeriCorps Members On The Beach: a Shoe, Rug, Toothbrush and More

On Saturday, a group of AmeriCorps members from the Community Health Center participated in in International Coastal Clean-up day.  Here is what Tasha Germain wrote about the day: On Saturday, some AmeriCorps members and I headed to Clinton Town Beach … Continue reading

Posted in AmeriCorps | Leave a comment

National [email protected] Day

I truly love the autumn season, especially the transition from summer to fall, when you wake up to a crisp, bright morning…Friday morning was the first morning like that of the season and also the inaugural Walk/[email protected] event for CHC! … Continue reading

Posted in Wellness | Leave a comment

Free tickets to an amazing event on Breast Cancer Awareness!

This Saturday evening in Old Saybrook, Connecticut, The Kate Theatre will be hosting a reflective concert on Breast Cancer called “Dancing in Pink”. I will be attending the event will AmeriCorps member Tasha Germain. We will be promoting the Community … Continue reading

Posted in Early Detection | Leave a comment

Intro to Early Detection Program

As a new AmeriCorps member serving the Early Detection Program (EDP), I have taken on the initiative to promote screening for cervical, breast and colorectal cancer through means of social media. This blog is one of the routes I will … Continue reading

Posted in Early Detection | 1 Comment

Dr. Paul Cleary, dean of the Yale School of Public Health and chair of the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health

This week, Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Paul Cleary, the dean of the Yale School of Public Health, about why engaging the community is so important in the school’s latest research, and about some of the ways … Continue reading

Posted in CHC Radio | Leave a comment

Thank You to the Entire Special Project of National Significance (SPNS) Staff

The following is an email from CHC’s Director of HIV Services, Kasey Harding about the Special Project of National Significance (SPNS). To Norwalk, Stamford and SPNS staffs, Dr. Drozdowski – Maule and I would like to take this opportunity to … Continue reading

Posted in Employees | Leave a comment

Stand Down 2011

Today, CHC staff participates in the 16th annual Stand Down, an event that provides free services, assistance and information to Connecticut Veterans.  Our mobile dental staff is providing oral cancer screenings as well as doing cleanings and some restorative dental … Continue reading

Posted in Dental | Leave a comment

Early Detection

One of our new AmeriCorps members, Elizabeth Radl, records a quick, off the cuff video about our discussions promoting our early detection efforts via social media using our Qik account  

Posted in AmeriCorps, Early Detection | Leave a comment

Rep. Joe Courtney speaks to CHC Staff about HR 2267

Posted in Politics | Leave a comment

Community Health Center of Clinton: The Little House on the Prairie

Neither the aftermath of Hurricane Irene nor lack of electrical power could deter patients and staff from business as usual at the Clinton Community Health Center.  The facilities team, led by Ray Gorski, rigged generator   powered lights for exam rooms … Continue reading

Posted in Employees | Leave a comment