Browsed by
Month: July 2014

Rewards to Quit Research Study: 10 Months Later

Rewards to Quit Research Study: 10 Months Later

On October 7th of last year, The Community Health Center, Inc.’s Weitzman Institute (WI) launched the Rewards to Quit research study which is being conducted by the Connecticut Department of Social Services. This study offers a 50% chance for all qualified enrollees to earn up to $350 while receiving free smoking cessation services, a new alternative to tackle the ongoing battle with cigarette addiction. Worldwide, tobacco use causes more than 5 million deaths per year, and according to the Centers…

Read More Read More

A Healthy Dose of Milk Mustaches

A Healthy Dose of Milk Mustaches

Community Health Center, Inc. in Partnership with Horizons-NCCS Provides Kids with Health and Wellness Education, and a Healthy Dose of Milk Mustaches Too! New Canaan, CT, July 18, 2014: On Wednesday, July 16th, staff members from Community Health Center Inc.’s (CHC) Norwalk, Stamford and Danbury locations hosted a health fair for students attending the Horizons Summer Program at New Canaan Country School.  The goals of the event were to educate students about health and wellness and allow them to interact…

Read More Read More

CHC President Mark Masselli’s Comment on Veterans Health Legislation

CHC President Mark Masselli’s Comment on Veterans Health Legislation

Today, Community Health Center, Inc.’s CEO and President Mark Masselli commented on a bipartisan deal in Washington to improve health care opportunities for America’s Veterans. “It is great to see the progress that can be achieved when Democrats and Republicans work together to address important health care issues.  The new legislation will enable CHC to play a key role in providing health care to veterans who can’t access VA services because of distance and wait times. We will be there…

Read More Read More

Dr. Humayun Chaudhry, CEO of the Federation of State Medical Boards

Dr. Humayun Chaudhry, CEO of the Federation of State Medical Boards

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Humayun Chaudhry, President and CEO of the Federation of State Medical Boards. Dr. Chaudhry discusses their new recommendations for an interstate compact to expedite medical licensing across state lines to address the physician shortage, the growing demands from the Affordable Care Act and the potential for telemedicine to fill gaps in rural health care.

An Open Letter to Gov. Malloy Concerning Immigrants’ Health

An Open Letter to Gov. Malloy Concerning Immigrants’ Health

Yesterday, CHC President and CEO, Mark Masselli sent an open letter to Governor Malloy concerning the influx of children immigrants fleeing violence in their native countries. We are facing a humanitarian crisis in America with the influx of children fleeing violence in their native countries.  As a nation, our most immediate concern must be to properly care for these children.  We applaud your efforts as Governor to find adequate housing for these children.  We know that beyond housing you are…

Read More Read More

Farewell, EDP!

Farewell, EDP!

The end of July marks the final days of my 11-month service term with the Early Detection Program here at the Community Health Center, Inc. This meaningful year with EDP has not only taught me the importance of preventative medicine, but has shown me the potency of empowering and engaging our patient population. When I arrived at the Community Health Center, Inc., a new college graduate eager for my first AmeriCorps training, I could have never imagined the depth of experiences that…

Read More Read More