Monthly Archives: October 2011

Recognizing Pharmacists and Their Role in Patient Care

The following is a guest post from Marissa Salvo, Pharm.D. Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy Clinical Pharmacist, Community Health Center, Inc. Meriden What does the slogan “Know Your MEDICINE, Know Your PHARMACIST” mean to you? Chances … Continue reading

Posted in Pharmacists | Leave a comment

Local Macdonough Elementary Students Go on a Math Field Trip to CHC!

One of the most important things I have learned over my first two months of serving within the Community Health Center, Inc. is to always try and keep the community feeling like they have a sense of involvement. In Middletown, … Continue reading

Posted in General | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Food is Fantastic!

Most of us wake up each morning with several options of what we might choose to eat for breakfast. I know I do. I often say to myself,  “Will I make a green smoothie or have something warm and hearty … Continue reading

Posted in AmeriCorps | Leave a comment

Safe and Healthy Start to the New School Year!

October is coming to a close and the new school year feeling is fading into a sense of a routine.  Children are enjoying their new classes, fall sports and activities are well under way, and the excitement of Halloween is … Continue reading

Posted in Patient Files | Leave a comment

It’s A Small World

The month of October continues to be a busy month for the Early Detection Program. On Saturday October 15th I had the opportunity to attend Dress Barn’s Annual Women’s Wellness Event.  Being a women’s clothing store, the employees were extremely … Continue reading

Posted in Early Detection | Leave a comment

Paul Starr, Pulitzer Prize-winning author and professor of Sociology and Public Affairs at Princeton University

This week, Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Pulitzer Prize-winning author Paul Starr about his new book, Remedy and Reaction: The Peculiar American Struggle over Health Care Reform. Dr. Starr takes us through the complexities of the debate over … Continue reading

Posted in CHC Radio | Leave a comment

Raise Awareness: Pink, Purple, Red and Blue

It seems like everywhere I look, there is something pink reminding me that this is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Throughout CHC, staff members have been wearing Pink and our Early Detection Program has been doing a great job encouraging … Continue reading

Posted in Early Detection, Employees, HIV/AIDS | Leave a comment

Stephen Downs, Chief Technology and Information Officer at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.

Conversations on Health Care focusesthis week on a new initiative in health care that makes medical information accessible for patients. Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Stephen Downs from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation about the Blue … Continue reading

Posted in CHC Radio | Leave a comment

New Britain Homeless Connect

Hello everyone! I am the new AmeriCorps member for the Wherever You Are (WYA) program here at CHC. I am very excited to be working with WYA and CHC this year, and I look forward to sharing more through this … Continue reading

Posted in WYA | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Fairfield County’s October Employees of the Month

For the month of October Fairfield County Director Adele Gordon chose two clinical staff members who have done exemplary work in missing no opportunities for preventative care screenings. Known as the “Planned Care Missed Opportunities Report,” this report tracks whether … Continue reading

Posted in Employees | Leave a comment