Browsed by
Month: March 2016

Meet featured physician Dipak Patel

Meet featured physician Dipak Patel

I recently sat down with Dipak Patel, DO to learn more about his background and career at CHC. Dr. Patel obtained his undergraduate degree in Biology and Nutrition from Pennsylvania State University and attended medical school at New York Institute of Technology. After graduation he started his residency at Peninsula Hospital, a community hospital in an underserved area of Far Rockaway, Queens, New York. Throughout college and medical school, Dr. Patel was active in several service projects; he was a…

Read More Read More

Meet featured physician Veena Channamsetty, MD, Chief Medical Officer

Meet featured physician Veena Channamsetty, MD, Chief Medical Officer

When my conversation with Dr. Channamsetty began, I learned that she grew up in a household that valued education and helping others. When it came time for Dr. Channamsetty to go to college it only made sense to follow in the footsteps of her father and become a physician. Becoming a physician was something she always knew she wanted to do. Dr. Channamsetty received her medical degree from the American University of the Caribbean and her Family Practice Residency from…

Read More Read More

Meet featured physician Matthew Huddleston, MD

Meet featured physician Matthew Huddleston, MD

Someone once told me a good physician is a good teacher and based upon my recent conversation with Dr. Huddleston, I can attest to that being true. With a calm and compassionate demeanor Dr. Huddleston spoke about his education from the University of California, San Francisco and his residency at the University of Connecticut, in Hartford. When he completed his residency, Dr. Huddleston accepted a position with CHC as a primary care physician. Little did he know he would spend…

Read More Read More

Katherine Baicker, Harvard School of Public Health

Katherine Baicker, Harvard School of Public Health

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Katherine Baicker, PhD, the C. Boyden Grey Professor of Health Economics at the T.H. Chan School of Public Health at Harvard. An expert on the health and economic impacts from gaining insurance coverage, she discusses her noted study of the Oregon Medicaid Experiment as well as the impact of the Medicaid Expansion under the Affordable Care Act.

Meet featured physician Robert Dudley, MD

Meet featured physician Robert Dudley, MD

As I was sitting in the lobby waiting for Dr. Dudley, I could see a little boy and his mother heading toward the exit. At around the same time Dr. Dudley walked through the front door and almost immediately the little boy went running over to Dr. Dudley and excitedly showed him a rock he had found. Dr. Dudley took the time to examine the rock and interact with the boy before he and his mother left. In that moment…

Read More Read More

Mary Jo Assi, Director of Nursing Practice at the American Nurses Association

Mary Jo Assi, Director of Nursing Practice at the American Nurses Association

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Mary Jo Assi, PhD, Director of Nursing Practice and Work Environment at the American Nurses Association which represents the nation’s 3.4 million nurses. They discuss the expanding scope of the nursing work force in the ACA era, as well as the organization’s current focus on workforce safety.