Introducing Nichole, a Nurse Practitioner Resident!

This week we are introducing a Nurse Practitioner Resident, Nichole Mitchell. She had many adventures before pursuing a career in quality primary care as an APRN and choosing CHC’s residency program. Read her bio below to learn more:   

As a teenager I went on two formative medical trips to Haiti and the Dominican Republic that kick started my path to becoming a medical provider.  I graduated from University of Notre Dame in ’06 where I did a joint thesis (with my now husband) in Panama on the social, economic and environmental impact of ecotourism. Despite being a full time ski bum in Jackson, WY after college, I managed to work as the director of nursing at a women’s health clinic for several years.  I recently graduated from the Yale School of Nursing with my Family Nurse Practitioner degree, during which I worked at HAVEN Free Clinic, in a pediatric clinic in rural Guatemala and in a make-shift clinic in sugar cane fields outside of Leon, Nicaragua.

I am really excited to be a part of CHC because I am surrounded by like minded individuals – people who really care about bringing high quality, evidenced base care to complex and disenfranchised populations. My favorite part of primary care is that every day is different. I love learning from my patients and every new patient is a window to a different human’s experience with life and health.

If I wasn’t a medical provider I would probably be surfing in Nicaragua, skiing in the French Alps, mountain biking in Utah, rock climbing in Yangshuo, China – or at home with my dog and husband watching re-runs of Parks and Recreation.

Sara Anderson

Published by
Sara Anderson

Recent Posts

An Environmental Psychiatrist Explains Earth Anxiety As We Celebrate Earth Day

As we mark Earth Day, we have just experienced the hottest March on record. But…

1 week ago

Why NIH’s Dr. Collins Accompanies Opera’s Renee Fleming in Highlighting Music & Mind’s Power

What happens when music therapists and neuroscientists team up? Patients win, says Dr. Francis Collins.…

2 weeks ago

Opera Superstar Renée Fleming & Experts Reveal How Music Can Make Us Healthier in New Book

Originally published April 9, 2024 She’s received worldwide praise for singing at the Super Bowl,…

3 weeks ago

Reporters’ Roundtable: Why Health Care Will Impact the Election—But to Whose Advantage?

Originally published April 4, 2024 It’s about seven months to election day and our regular…

4 weeks ago

Expanded Coverage of Weight Loss Drugs? Diabetes Advocates Say Yes

Originally published March 28, 2024 Medicare just announced that it will pay for weight loss…

1 month ago

Young Deaths from Colorectal Cancer Skyrocket as New Research Emerges

The recent death of former college football player Craig Roh from colon cancer at age…

1 month ago