Introducing Nichole, a Nurse Practitioner Resident!

This week we are introducing a Nurse Practitioner Resident, Nichole Mitchell. She had many adventures before pursuing a career in quality primary care as an APRN and choosing CHC’s residency program. Read her bio below to learn more:   

As a teenager I went on two formative medical trips to Haiti and the Dominican Republic that kick started my path to becoming a medical provider.  I graduated from University of Notre Dame in ’06 where I did a joint thesis (with my now husband) in Panama on the social, economic and environmental impact of ecotourism. Despite being a full time ski bum in Jackson, WY after college, I managed to work as the director of nursing at a women’s health clinic for several years.  I recently graduated from the Yale School of Nursing with my Family Nurse Practitioner degree, during which I worked at HAVEN Free Clinic, in a pediatric clinic in rural Guatemala and in a make-shift clinic in sugar cane fields outside of Leon, Nicaragua.

I am really excited to be a part of CHC because I am surrounded by like minded individuals – people who really care about bringing high quality, evidenced base care to complex and disenfranchised populations. My favorite part of primary care is that every day is different. I love learning from my patients and every new patient is a window to a different human’s experience with life and health.

If I wasn’t a medical provider I would probably be surfing in Nicaragua, skiing in the French Alps, mountain biking in Utah, rock climbing in Yangshuo, China – or at home with my dog and husband watching re-runs of Parks and Recreation.

Sara Anderson

Published by
Sara Anderson

Recent Posts

Can Health Care Policy Take a Page from Recent Bipartisan Efforts?

Originally broadcast on May 2, 2024 In the wake of recent bipartisan policy wins in…

3 days ago

An Environmental Psychiatrist Explains Earth Anxiety As We Celebrate Earth Day

As we mark Earth Day, we have just experienced the hottest March on record. But…

2 weeks ago

Why NIH’s Dr. Collins Accompanies Opera’s Renee Fleming in Highlighting Music & Mind’s Power

What happens when music therapists and neuroscientists team up? Patients win, says Dr. Francis Collins.…

2 weeks ago

Opera Superstar Renée Fleming & Experts Reveal How Music Can Make Us Healthier in New Book

Originally published April 9, 2024 She’s received worldwide praise for singing at the Super Bowl,…

4 weeks ago

Reporters’ Roundtable: Why Health Care Will Impact the Election—But to Whose Advantage?

Originally published April 4, 2024 It’s about seven months to election day and our regular…

1 month ago

Expanded Coverage of Weight Loss Drugs? Diabetes Advocates Say Yes

Originally published March 28, 2024 Medicare just announced that it will pay for weight loss…

1 month ago