Categories: Uncategorized

Introducing a Second Nurse Practitioner Resident!

This week we are pleased to introduce a second Family Nurse Practitioner Resident, Jacqueline Brysacz who is based out of the New London site this year. Read about what lead her to the residency program and more below: 

I am delighted to join CHC as a member of the 2014-2015 Family Nurse Practitioner residency.  I recently completed my training at Johns Hopkins University where I earned an FNP/MPH with a focus on infectious disease.  As a graduate student I worked as a research assistant in HIV and TB, completing training manuals for nurses in South Africa in MDR-TB management, and in risk reduction, interviewing exotic dancers on their occupational health risks.  Prior to my graduate program, I worked as an RN in HIV/TB/STIs for Baltimore City Health Department.   Before my nursing career, I developed a solid foundation in community health in the US and abroad.  I trained women and their families in beekeeping as a Peace Corps volunteer in Bolivia, conducted evidence-based reproductive health education courses for high school freshmen in the Bronx with Community Health Corps, and assisted immigrant and Latina women through pregnancy as a doula in Baltimore.

I am excited to be part of CHC because I believe we share a dedication to providing all patients with the highest quality care. CHC’s dedication to respectful, evidence-based, compassionate care is inspiring and it is the kind of environment where I hope to grow and learn as a new clinician.  I decided to take part in this residency program because I want to develop a solid clinical foundation to enable me to deliver the highest quality care to the underserved.  My favorite part of primary care is patient contact- it brings me great joy to meet people from so many different walks to life and to play my small role in helping them stay or become healthy and well.  If I weren’t able to see patients for work, I would probably manage some sort of health program abroad.  If not that, I would put my efforts into swimming across all sorts of bodies of water as I love open water swimming.  When I am not swimming across things, I love to hike and am currently looking for a place to keep a beehive this coming spring.

Sara Anderson

Published by
Sara Anderson

Recent Posts

An Environmental Psychiatrist Explains Earth Anxiety As We Celebrate Earth Day

As we mark Earth Day, we have just experienced the hottest March on record. But…

1 week ago

Why NIH’s Dr. Collins Accompanies Opera’s Renee Fleming in Highlighting Music & Mind’s Power

What happens when music therapists and neuroscientists team up? Patients win, says Dr. Francis Collins.…

2 weeks ago

Opera Superstar Renée Fleming & Experts Reveal How Music Can Make Us Healthier in New Book

Originally published April 9, 2024 She’s received worldwide praise for singing at the Super Bowl,…

3 weeks ago

Reporters’ Roundtable: Why Health Care Will Impact the Election—But to Whose Advantage?

Originally published April 4, 2024 It’s about seven months to election day and our regular…

4 weeks ago

Expanded Coverage of Weight Loss Drugs? Diabetes Advocates Say Yes

Originally published March 28, 2024 Medicare just announced that it will pay for weight loss…

1 month ago

Young Deaths from Colorectal Cancer Skyrocket as New Research Emerges

The recent death of former college football player Craig Roh from colon cancer at age…

1 month ago