Introducing the CHC Health Corps Members for 2014-2015!

We are excited to introduce our CHC Health Corps Members for 2014-2015! The HealthCorps members are continually an integral part of what we do at CHC. They coordinate community events, perform outreach services, and advocate for patients. Each member is concentrated on a certain area of the agency: in the family wellness centers, the early detection program, wherever you are centers, and more!

We will post their introductions weekly on Thursdays. This week we are pleased to introduce Aniella:

Hi! My name is Aniella and I am the program coordinator for the Family Wellness Center in New Britain. I recently graduated from the University of Connecticut with a B.A. in Anthropology and Human Rights, where my lifelong passion for healthcare and wellness was fostered into motivation to devote myself to public health and community betterment. I aspire to continue in this field by getting a Master of Public Health degree and working in underserved communities.

I am thrilled to be serving as an AmeriCorps member here at CHC. Becoming an AmeriCorps member was an easy decision; I get to combine my love of serving others and eagerness to see public healthcare in full-swing at an incredible organization! It is an amazing opportunity to work among others who strive to improve healthcare and wellness where it is most needed. I am excited to explore the different components of CHC and to see the impact the Family Wellness Center makes on the lives of children and families. I am especially thrilled to meet people from various backgrounds and understand what wellness means to them.

Outside of serving for AmeriCorps, I love to travel and spend time outdoors. Most recently, I was lucky enough to scuba dive in Honduras and go camping and hike at Acadia National Park in Maine. I am also a Netflix buff – I love movies and shows, especially American Horror Story and Parks and Recreation. Overall, I think my academic and personal real-life experiences have led me to appreciate variety and I hope to continue growing as person as an AmeriCorps member at CHC.

Sara Anderson

Published by
Sara Anderson

Recent Posts

An Environmental Psychiatrist Explains Earth Anxiety As We Celebrate Earth Day

As we mark Earth Day, we have just experienced the hottest March on record. But…

1 week ago

Why NIH’s Dr. Collins Accompanies Opera’s Renee Fleming in Highlighting Music & Mind’s Power

What happens when music therapists and neuroscientists team up? Patients win, says Dr. Francis Collins.…

2 weeks ago

Opera Superstar Renée Fleming & Experts Reveal How Music Can Make Us Healthier in New Book

Originally published April 9, 2024 She’s received worldwide praise for singing at the Super Bowl,…

3 weeks ago

Reporters’ Roundtable: Why Health Care Will Impact the Election—But to Whose Advantage?

Originally published April 4, 2024 It’s about seven months to election day and our regular…

4 weeks ago

Expanded Coverage of Weight Loss Drugs? Diabetes Advocates Say Yes

Originally published March 28, 2024 Medicare just announced that it will pay for weight loss…

1 month ago

Young Deaths from Colorectal Cancer Skyrocket as New Research Emerges

The recent death of former college football player Craig Roh from colon cancer at age…

1 month ago