Browsed by
Month: April 2012

“Out, Out ..” #SBHCs and the Death of a Student

“Out, Out ..” #SBHCs and the Death of a Student

It seemed like every year or two a classmate of mine in high school would die in an accident; often, it was car accidents.  The year after I left for college, a high school friend disappeared.  A month later, they found her body, but never her killer, nor the reason.  At times, it haunts me still. Being hundreds of miles away, I could not make it back for the memorial service, but I remember receiving newspaper clippings and phone calls…

Read More Read More

Dr. David Cutler, Professor of Applied Economics at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government

Dr. David Cutler, Professor of Applied Economics at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with noted Harvard Health Economist David Cutler, who has been studying the economics of health care reform for over 20 years. Professor Cutler was instrumental in crafting the health care reform legislation during the Clinton Administration and was Senior Health Advisor to President Obama’s campaign. He analyzes the recent Supreme Court hearings on the Affordable Care Act and explores the economic foundation for the health care reform legislation. Dr. Cutler offers…

Read More Read More

Psychiatric Telemedicine for Uninsured Patients without Stable Housing

Psychiatric Telemedicine for Uninsured Patients without Stable Housing

How would I cope with being down on my luck, without a good job, a nice house to come home to in the evening, and so many other parts of daily life we so often take for granted?  I imagine I might be depressed and anxious.  I might have difficulty coping with my situation, and that would only make it all the more difficult to get back on my feet again. Maybe, I’d recognize my need for help, but not…

Read More Read More

Dr. Frederick Southwick, Harvard Fellow and Author of “Critically Ill: A 5-Point Plan to Cure Healthcare Delivery”

Dr. Frederick Southwick, Harvard Fellow and Author of “Critically Ill: A 5-Point Plan to Cure Healthcare Delivery”

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Frederick Southwick, Manager of New Quality and Safety Projects for the University of Florida and Shands Health Systems, Harvard Fellow, and author of “Critically Ill: A 5-Point Plan to Cure Healthcare Delivery”. Dr. Southwick outlines his program for increasing efficiency and improving safety in health care. His program is based on improved protocols and teamwork adopted from successful principles used in manufacturing and team sports.

CHC Earns Primary Care Medical Home Designation from The Joint Commission

CHC Earns Primary Care Medical Home Designation from The Joint Commission

CHC is the first health care organizations in Connecticut and one of the first in the nation to receive dual PCMH designations  CHC has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ for certification as a Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH). The special designation for accredited ambulatory care organizations recognizes CHC’s dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission’s state-of-the-art standards. This is the second national designation that CHC has received for its work in meeting the high standards of…

Read More Read More