- 2 large tomato’s
- 1 medium white onion, halved
- 3 jalapenos
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat broiler, with rack in top position. Place tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, and garlic in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil until vegetables are blistered and slightly softened, rotating sheet and flipping vegetables frequently, 6 to 8 minutes (garlic may need to be removed earlier, if it is browning too quickly).
- Discard garlic skins. In a food processor, pulse garlic and vegetables until coarsely pureed. Add lime juice, season with salt and pepper, and pulse to combine.
- Transfer salsa to a bowl and stir in cilantro. Refrigerate up to 3 days, freeze up to 3 months.
This recipe can be found at Marthastewart.com