Meet Featured Nurse Hilary Sullivan

Meet Featured Nurse Hilary Sullivan

When I picked up the phone to call RN Hilary Sullivan I didn’t know what to expect. The only thing I knew about her was that she’s new to CHC. I was excited to get to know more about her and the journey that led her here.

I learned that Hilary received her undergraduate degree from UConn with an individualized major focused around health, culture and society. She shared she always had an interest in healthcare but never knew exactly what she wanted to do in such a large and diverse field. Shadowing a number of nurses for different classes helped define her career path. After graduation Hilary was accepted into the Accelerated Nursing Program at Quinnipiac, and like every nursing student, she had to do a number of clinical rotations in order to obtain her degree.

One of Hilary’s rotations was here at CHC and she became increasingly interested in the organization and everything it had to offer. After graduating from Quinnipiac, Hilary applied for an open nursing position at CHC and she was offered the job. In January, Hilary began her career as a nurse at our New London and Clinton locations.

While every day is different, Hilary is responsible for talking to patients on the phone to deliver results, answer questions, and coordinate care. Hilary takes time out of each day to look at her patient panel to determine if a patient needs more care, or to see if CHC has a program that could benefit the patient. In addition to doing care coordination for patients, nurses at CHC get to have their own nurse visit schedule and support provider visits.

Hilary loves working at CHC because she learns something new every day. Her patients come from all over the world and they all have their own unique stories. Her day is never dull and she enjoys taking care of and getting to know her patients. Her favorite part of each day is the hands on interaction she has with her patients in the clinical setting.

Hilary also shared she loves how supportive CHC is of its employees and their future goals within the organization. She knows CHC was a great place to start her career and she can’t wait to see what the future holds for her.

Comments are closed.