New Onsite Medical Directors in New London and Groton

New Onsite Medical Directors in New London and Groton

Below is an email from our Chief Medical Officer, Veena Channamsetty, MD, adapted for the blog.

Good Morning Everyone:

I’m excited to announce the selection of two new Onsite Medical Directors (OSMD) for CHC.  Dr. Mariana Salas has accepted the OSMD role for New London and Patricia Swim has accepted the OSMD role for Groton.

Dr. Mariana Salas joined CHC in 2013 after completing her Family Practice Residency at Meharry Medical College in Nashville, TN where she received the Community Service Award. Dr. Salas completed medical school at Meharry Medical College, School of Medicine.

Patricia Swim has been with CHC since 2013 after yeas of experience in multiple primary care forums including other Federally Qualified Heath Centers, School Based Health Centers, and many years of of practice as a Registered Nurse. She is a true Connecticut local, having gone to college in CT, before completing her BS in Nursing at the University of Connecticut and her MSN at Quinnipiac University.

Since joining CHC two years ago, Dr. Salas has been practicing at the New London Site and Patricia has been practicing at the Groton site. Both come with a passion for primary care and our population and have worked diligently to support and build their patient panels gaining the respect and confidence of their patients, colleagues and peers.

New London County has busy and growing sites and I want to thank Mary Blankson for her dedicated leadership at both New London and Groton these past years! As we recognize the need for expanded on site leadership, we made the decision to create two OSMDs. I am always humbled by the talent and commitment of our providers! I know both Dr. Salas and Patricia will be wonderful leaders.

Please join me in congratulating both Dr. Salas and Patricia Swim in their new roles as the OSMD in New London and Groton.
Veena

Comments are closed.