Community Health Center, Inc. Announces New Board Members

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Eliza Cole

Community Health Center, Inc.

(860) 262-2546 or [email protected]

MIDDLETOWN, Conn; March 2, 2015: Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC), Connecticut’s largest provider of primary care to the underserved, announces new officers and Board of Director members who began their terms in January 2015. The Board makes policy decisions, authorizes rule-making and oversees CHC’s operations.

During the January 2015 meeting of The Board, members honored outgoing Chairman Mark Bonney for providing CHC with a generation of leadership. “CHC was fortunate to have someone like Mark, with his profound knowledge of executive level business operations, serve on the board for twenty years.” said Mark Masselli, President and CEO of CHC. “His colleagues on The Board also recognize his contributions by unanimously voting him Chairman Emeritus, a designation well deserved.”

“In 2014 I joined the finance committee of The Board to give back to the community where my wife and I were raising our family,” said Bonney. “I soon learned that I was receiving much more than I was giving in the knowledge I gained and in the relationships that I developed. I love the passion that CHC has for its mission and I am proud to have participated in CHC’s growth over the years.”

Mark J. Bonney has held various senior executive financial and operating positions, in middle market, high technology companies, both in the United States and abroad. Bonney has a long history of dramatically increasing shareholder value in both public and private enterprises. Through On Board Advisors, LLC, Mark is now focused on public company board service, private investing and philanthropic endeavors. He is currently the President and CEO of MRV Communications, which is a leader in converged packet-optical solutions for next-generation mobile backhaul, data center and cloud connectivity enabling customers to virtualize, visualize and monetize their networking resources.

Gary Reid, Financial Analyst with Prudential Life Insurance Company, will serve as the new Chair. “I am honored to have been elected as Chairman,” said Reid. “CHC is one of the nation’s leading primary care providers for special populations, and is constantly innovating and improving health care delivery for its patients. This is an exciting time to oversee the organization’s strategic activities.”

“We are pleased that Gary has accepted this position. He is part of the next generation of young executives in the Hartford area, with tremendous leadership skills that will make this passing of the torch seamless,” said Mark Masselli, President and CEO of CHC. “Gary, who is a graduate of Wesleyan, has deep roots in Middletown, where our headquarters are, and has served with Mark Bonney for nearly many years, making him well suited to taking the helm.”

Terry M. Danaher will join the Board’s leadership team as Vice Chair. Terry has served on CHC’s Board for 25 years and is the Chair of CHC’s Clinical Issues Committee. “CHC is making a positive impact among the underserved and chronically ill, while helping improve access to care for all people,” said Vice Chair Danaher.  “It’s an honor and great opportunity to be part of the organization’s leadership.”

The Board has also elected two new members from the communities served by CHC – Deidre “De” Boone, of Norwalk, CT, a corporate consultant providing customized social media strategies and solutions for businesses that want to create an online brand and increase sales leads from Norwalk, CT; and Roger Kemp, of Meriden, with a long background in municipal management, from the city of Meriden to Oakland, CA. Kemp has been recently appointed as the Practitioner in Residence, Department of Public Management, College of Business, at the University of New Haven.

As a consumer led organization, the majority of the members of the Board of Directors are CHC patients. They provide leadership that reflects the many interests, issues and concerns of the people in the counties, cities, towns and communities they represent. CHC has been successful in improving healthcare because while it is a statewide organization, the agency is focused on delivering healthcare locally, while building healthy communities.

“We are thrilled to have such great leadership at the helm of our Board,” said Margaret Flinter, APRN, Senior Vice President, and Clinical Director of CHC.  “With decades of service to our Board between Gary Reid and Terry Danaher, they truly understand what it takes to manage the health of the state’s most vulnerable population, and will guide the organization in the right direction.”’

Photo attached. Caption: Gary Reid, of Bloomfield (left), Financial Analyst with Prudential Life Insurance Company was recently appointed Chairman of the Board for Community Health Center, Inc. Reid succeeds Mark Bonney, President and CEO of MRV Communications, who served on CHC’s board for 20 years. Bonney was unanimously voted Chairman Emeritus by his colleagues at a board meeting in January.

About Community Health Center, Inc. Since 1972, Community Health Center, Inc. has been one of the leading healthcare providers in the state of Connecticut, building a world-class primary health care system committed to caring for uninsured and underserved populations. CHC is focused on improving health outcomes for its more than 130,000 patients as well as building healthy communities. Recognized as both a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance and a Primary Care Medical Home by The Joint Commission, CHC delivers service in more than 200 locations statewide, offering primary care in medical, dental and behavioral health services. For more information, visit www.chc1.com.

###

Comments are closed.