Introducing a 10th Americorps Member!

Introducing a 10th Americorps Member!

This week we are pleased to introduce Kelly Ann! She joined CHC as an Americorps member this fall and is serving with the Diabetic Retinopathy program, but also active in other Americorps projects including Recess Rocks. Read her introduction below:

Hello! I’m KellyAnn, an Americorps member with the diabetic retinopathy program.

Originally, I’m from Guilford, Connecticut, where I currently reside…. I still live at home. You try living somewhere else on this stipend. 😉

I recently graduated from Wesleyan University, where I studied Biology/Neuroscience and Behavior, and played on the women’s basketball team (Go Wes!). I was pre-med in college, and, in the future hope to further my education in Medical School.

In the gap years, I was hoping to gain more experience in the medical field and Community Healthcorps seemed like the perfect way to do so.  I was very excited to join Community Health Center, Inc. because I was inspired by their commitment to serve the underserved. Now, 6 months in to my term of service, I continue to be inspired by the standard of care that CHC employees strive toward every day. The diabetic retinopathy program has allowed me to learn about numerous different aspects of the healthcare field; whether it be research, healthcare management, quality innovation, patient outreach, or individual patient care.  I look forward to what this broad range of experiences will provide for me in the future.

When I’m not serving at CHC, I spend my time running. I recently ran my first full marathon in October 2014 in Newport, Rhode Island. It was an amazing experience and I am hoping to run one or two more in the year to come! I also love listening to music, and consider rocking out to pop songs and singing along a little bit too loudly as a serious hobby.

kelly ann

Comments are closed.