Browsed by
Month: December 2014

Alan Weil, Editor-in-Chief of Health Affairs

Alan Weil, Editor-in-Chief of Health Affairs

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Alan Weil, Editor-in-Chief of Health Affairs, the leading journal at the intersection of health, health care, and health policy. Mr. Weil discusses the vital role the publication must play as a non-partisan, peer-reviewed journal in the ongoing health care debate and how its presence is poised to expand in the new media marketplace.

Dr. Deane Marchbein: MD, President of the U.S. board of directors of Doctors Without Borders

Dr. Deane Marchbein: MD, President of the U.S. board of directors of Doctors Without Borders

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Deane Marchbein, MD, Anesthesiologist and President of the U.S. board of directors of Doctors Without Borders, an organization formed to offer care to millions of patients in over 60 war torn or impoverished countries.

Happy Holidays from CHC

Happy Holidays from CHC

It has been a busy time of the year as CHC has celebrated the holidays with our patients and staff across Connecticut.  You can see pictures of some of the events, with more to come in our Facebook Holiday Album Margaret Flinter wrote an email to our Middletown staff about some of last weeks activities: What a week for the CHC of Middletown to demonstrate it love and compassion for our community and our patients!  The Homeless Vigil on Thursday…

Read More Read More

Introducing Nichole, a Nurse Practitioner Resident!

Introducing Nichole, a Nurse Practitioner Resident!

This week we are introducing a Nurse Practitioner Resident, Nichole Mitchell. She had many adventures before pursuing a career in quality primary care as an APRN and choosing CHC’s residency program. Read her bio below to learn more:    As a teenager I went on two formative medical trips to Haiti and the Dominican Republic that kick started my path to becoming a medical provider.  I graduated from University of Notre Dame in ’06 where I did a joint thesis (with…

Read More Read More

Dr. Fitzhugh Mullan, Milken School of Public Health at George Washington University

Dr. Fitzhugh Mullan, Milken School of Public Health at George Washington University

There’s been much talk of a looming shortage of physicians in the coming decades. A recent IOM report shed some light on what might be done to shift the medical training landscape to ameliorate that dilemma.  This week hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Fitzhugh Mullan, Pediatrician and Murdock Head Professor of Medicine and Health Policy at the Milken School of Public Health at George Washington School of Medicine. Dr. Mullan discusses the  report which suggests rethinking…

Read More Read More

Introducing an Eighth AmeriCorps Member!

Introducing an Eighth AmeriCorps Member!

This week we are pleased to introduce another AmeriCorps member, one who is a regular contributor to the blog and social media sites. Chelsea Pepe, she is serving with CHC’s communications team. Besides contributing to media, she also works on a variety of community outreach efforts and events including Help Portrait. Learn more about her from her bio below: Hi CHC! My name is Chelsea Pepe and I am serving in the Communications Department in Middletown for this upcoming year….

Read More Read More