Introducing a Sixth AmeriCorps member!

Introducing a Sixth AmeriCorps member!

This week we are pleased to introduce Eliza Hompe, a Community Health Corps Member serving with Access to Care in the Fairfield county sites. She has started her year of service off working on some great projects, with many more to come! Read her introduction below:

Hi CHC! My name is Eliza Hompe and I am serving in the Access to Care position at the Norwalk and Stamford sites for the upcoming year. I am from New Canaan, CT and recently graduated from Princeton University in June, receiving my A.B. in Chemistry with a certificate in Neuroscience.  While at Princeton, I worked in a biochemistry lab and investigated synthetic proteins, culminating in a senior thesis of independent research. I was also involved in club and intramural sports on campus, an academic mentoring program with a local middle school, peer tutoring, and social organizations such as my sorority and eating club. I am hoping to attend medical school next year, although I am currently undecided on what field of medicine I would like to pursue!

I am very excited to be serving as an Americorps member at CHC this year because it will enable me to be immersed in a public interest healthcare setting while working hands-on with an underserved patient population. It is a unique opportunity to broaden my knowledge of healthcare, explore a primary care setting, and strive to provide comprehensive care for our patients through my role as a community resource advocate.

In addition to serving for Americorps this year, I am also tutoring high school students for the SAT and academic subjects. In my spare time, I enjoy playing sports, running, doing crossword puzzles, and baking gluten-free desserts! Recently, I ran my first half-marathon, the Rock N’ Roll Half-Marathon in Philadelphia.

I am thrilled to be a new member of the CHC community and am looking forward to getting to know many of you over the next 10 months!

Eliza

Comments are closed.