Introducing a Third Nurse Practitioner Resident!

Introducing a Third Nurse Practitioner Resident!

This week we are pleased to introduce a third Nurse Practitioner participating in our residency program, Ashley Fine. She has extensive experience in the health care setting both in the United States and abroad and is currently working with patients at our Middletown site. Learn more from her biography below:

I finished my Master of Science in Nursing this past Spring at Johns Hopkins School of Nursing. Before that I worked as nurse on the in-patient orthopedic/trauma unit at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.  In addition I worked per diem at the Greater Baltimore Medical Center in the outpatient wound care center.  It was my experience as a Peace Corps Volunteer in The Republic of Benin that inspired me to become a Family Nurse Practitioner. My best friend in town was the nurse and the only person with any medical training in the town. So she was always the doctor and the pharmacist.  I liked the model of the Nurse Practitioner so I decided to pursue it as my career.  When I came back to the United States I started volunteering at the local Planned Parenthood then got a job as a Medical Assistant while taking my prerequisites for nursing school. I have always enjoyed meeting and working with people from all over the world and from different walks of life.  I chose the Nurse Practitioner Residency program here in Connecticut because it was the first one and I wanted to build the best base of clinical care that I could for my patients.

In my free time I enjoy the outdoors. I love to go hiking and/or backpacking. I am learning to enjoy cold weather and look forward to trying different snow sports this winter.

Fine, Ashley

Comments are closed.