Introducing the CHC Health Corps Members!

Introducing the CHC Health Corps Members!

This week we will introduce a second AmeriCorps member who is spending their year of service with us here at Community Health Center. We are pleased to introduce Kristen Kleener, who is working with the Early Detection Program. Read her introductory bio below:

Hi I’m Kristin Keener. I am from Golden, Colorado- the Coors Brewing Company’s Headquarters. I have lived in Colorado for most of my life, but have had some fun times living in Australia, Florida, Ethiopia and Oregon. I’m very excited for what Connecticut and the New England area has to offer because I have never lived out here.  I will be working in the Early Detection and Prevention Program (EDP).

I graduated from Metropolitan State University of Denver with a dual degree in Anthropology and Therapeutic Recreation. Therapeutic Recreation (TR) is like physical therapy in that it set goals for clients to reach, but it achieves goals through recreational pursuits. TR is primarily a therapy for persons with disabilities. I also choose Anthropology because it examines the human experience holistically, while examining other cultures as well as your own. My dream job is to work with persons with disabilities internationally, but I’m not sure in what capacity.  I look forward to getting to better know CHC Inc. and the New England area.

kristen

Comments are closed.