The Fourth AmeriCorps Member Introduction!

The Fourth AmeriCorps Member Introduction!

Continuing in our series of weekly introductions, we are introducing My Phuong this week! She is an AmeriCorps member serving at the Weitzman Institute, who you may recognize as the writer bringing us the Weitzman Weekly. Read her introduction below:

Hello! My name is My Phuong and I am from the state of Washington. I recently graduated from Colby College, a small liberal arts school in Waterville, ME. It was there that I received my BA in Biology (Cell and Molecular Biology/Biochemistry) and Classical Civilizations. I have always wanted to be a doctor and more importantly, a doctor who is serves populations that are most vulnerable and neglected by our health care system. My passion for public health ignited during my junior year when I studied abroad in Brazil, Vietnam, and South Africa. It was in those three countries that I redefined my view of health care.

As an AmeriCorps member, I contribute to research projects for the Weitzman Institute. Although the projects are diverse, they all focus on improving the quality of health care provided to patients seen at the community health centers. The staff at WI has gone above and beyond to welcome me and integrate me into their workplace.

In my free time, I love to be active whether it is in the gym or out on the water. As a child my parents often referred to me as a fish because of how much I love water sports. I love to swim, paddleboard, kayak, canoe, you name it! I especially enjoyed my time as a lifeguard teaching little kids how to swim.

I have never been in Connecticut for an extended period of time but I look forward to exploring what this state has to offer. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to serve as an AmeriCorps member and I hope to make a lasting impact.

my phuong

Comments are closed.