Introducing the CHC Health Corps Members for 2014-2015!

Introducing the CHC Health Corps Members for 2014-2015!

We are excited to introduce our CHC Health Corps Members for 2014-2015! The HealthCorps members are continually an integral part of what we do at CHC. They coordinate community events, perform outreach services, and advocate for patients. Each member is concentrated on a certain area of the agency: in the family wellness centers, the early detection program, wherever you are centers, and more!

We will post their introductions weekly on Thursdays. This week we are pleased to introduce Aniella:

Hi! My name is Aniella and I am the program coordinator for the Family Wellness Center in New Britain. I recently graduated from the University of Connecticut with a B.A. in Anthropology and Human Rights, where my lifelong passion for healthcare and wellness was fostered into motivation to devote myself to public health and community betterment. I aspire to continue in this field by getting a Master of Public Health degree and working in underserved communities.

I am thrilled to be serving as an AmeriCorps member here at CHC. Becoming an AmeriCorps member was an easy decision; I get to combine my love of serving others and eagerness to see public healthcare in full-swing at an incredible organization! It is an amazing opportunity to work among others who strive to improve healthcare and wellness where it is most needed. I am excited to explore the different components of CHC and to see the impact the Family Wellness Center makes on the lives of children and families. I am especially thrilled to meet people from various backgrounds and understand what wellness means to them.

Outside of serving for AmeriCorps, I love to travel and spend time outdoors. Most recently, I was lucky enough to scuba dive in Honduras and go camping and hike at Acadia National Park in Maine. I am also a Netflix buff – I love movies and shows, especially American Horror Story and Parks and Recreation. Overall, I think my academic and personal real-life experiences have led me to appreciate variety and I hope to continue growing as person as an AmeriCorps member at CHC.

aniella

Comments are closed.