Browsed by
Month: June 2014

Dr. Wendy Everett, CEO, Network for Excellence in Health Innovation

Dr. Wendy Everett, CEO, Network for Excellence in Health Innovation

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Wendy Everett, CEO of the Network for Excellence in Health Innovation (NEHI), a non-partisan health policy institute seeking to enable innovations that improve the quality and lower the costs of health care. She discusses their target areas of interest including the improvement of care delivery systems, payment reform and telemedicine.

Memories of One of Our Founders

Memories of One of Our Founders

Below is an email CEO and President Mark Masselli sent to staff yesterday, editted for the blog: Today, I had a visit from some old friends who were active in Middletown in the early 1970’s and one of them brought along his wife. He and his family have been living on the west coast for the past 30 years. I asked his wife to tell me her story; she was raised in Vietnam and her family escaped in 1974, 4…

Read More Read More

Dr. Karen DeSalvo, National Coordinator for Health IT

Dr. Karen DeSalvo, National Coordinator for Health IT

This week, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Karen DeSalvo, National Coordinator for Health IT at the Office of the National Coordinator at HHS. Dr. DeSalvo discusses ONC’s plans to advance Health IT beyond adoption to meaningful use and interoperability of health information technology, as well as health information exchange, to advance the triple aim of better care, better outcomes and reduced costs in health care.