Browsed by
Month: October 2013

Dr. Ruben Amarasingham, Founder and CEO of PCCI

Dr. Ruben Amarasingham, Founder and CEO of PCCI

This week hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Ruben Amarasingham, Founder and CEO of PCCI, a non-profit research and development corporation in Dallas, Texas that specializes in real-time predictive and surveillance analytics for health care. Dr. Amarasingham discusses the system he created that is significantly reducing hospital re-admissions and the potential for greatly improved health outcomes utilizing real time health data analytics.

Lights, Camera, Mammogram!

Lights, Camera, Mammogram!

October, which is also National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, is the perfect time for women to take charge of their breast health. In fact, the third Friday of October marks National Mammography Day.  Did you know that breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women, and is also the second leading cause of death in women? Mammography has successfully helped in reducing breast cancer mortality in the US. A mammogram, which uses non-invasive X-ray technology, can actually show…

Read More Read More

Healthy Chat at CHC Middletown

Healthy Chat at CHC Middletown

The following is a message our President and CEO, Mark Masselli shared last night on Facebook about the Healthy Chat we hosted at our Middletown site: Tonight, the first day after the end of the government shutdown – we held another educational session on Obamacare – WOW – great turn out – the people attending are your middle American population of all political persuasions – the shutdown really galvanized our citizens to step up and learn more about this landmark…

Read More Read More

Jennifer Tolbert, Director of State Health Reform, Kaiser Family Foundation

Jennifer Tolbert, Director of State Health Reform, Kaiser Family Foundation

This week on Conversations on Health Care, hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Jennifer Tolbert, Director of State Health Reform at the Kaiser Family Foundation. She breaks down the roll out of the Affordable Care Act and its potential impact on the uninsured population and how it may differ in states across the country.

A Saturday well spent on Liberty Street

A Saturday well spent on Liberty Street

This past Saturday, October 12, 2013, staff from our Middletown Site came together for a great cause, Habitat for Humanity! With great organization and leadership from our Middlesex County Site Director, Charise Corsino, thirteen individuals who all work within different realms of the Community Health Center, Inc. donated a Saturday to participate in something special. By 8:30am, the sunshine was spreading and our team of participants walked together to the end of Liberty Street where the house was located and prepared for our day! I wanted to…

Read More Read More

Who are you, Stefan Kostolitz?

Who are you, Stefan Kostolitz?

Happy Friday readers! For those who aren’t aware, I generally like to use Friday as a day to highlight one of the newer members of the CHC team. Therefore I will spend the rest of the time letting you get to know one of our certified enrollment associates. Who are you? Tell me something interesting about yourself. My name is Stefan Kostolitz. I was born at Middlesex Hospital in Middletown, CT but grew up in Chesire, CT. Before college, I…

Read More Read More