Monthly Archives: March 2013

Registered Dietitian Profile – Rachel Swanson

March is National Nutrition Month. Read on to meet Rachel Swanson, one of the fantastic Registered Dietitians at CHC, Inc.! –          What inspired you to become a Registered Dietician? Once I saw how much better we could all feel when … Continue reading

Posted in Employees, Nutrition | Leave a comment

AmeriCorps Week 2013 Blog Series – Norwalk Open Door Shelter

This is the final post of 5 written by various CHC HealthCorps Navigators about their efforts during AmeriCorps Week 2013. Marsha Pierre wrote this piece about a Career Prep Fair at Norwalk Open Door Shelter. The HealthCorps Navigators and Day … Continue reading

Posted in AmeriCorps | Leave a comment

Dr. Rushika Fernandopulle, Founder and CEO of Iora Health

This week, Mark and Margaret speak with Dr. Rushika Fernandopulle, Founder and CEO of Iora Health, a Cambridge-based startup that is seeking to transform primary care delivery. Dr. Fernandopulle speaks about his quest to reinvent all aspects of care delivery … Continue reading

Posted in CHC Radio | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Registered Dietitian Profile – Kara Ellis

March is National Nutrition Month. Read on to meet Kara Ellis, CHC, Inc.’s Lead Dietitian! –          What inspired you to become a Registered Dietician? Growing up I always thought I wanted to be a doctor – until my senior year … Continue reading

AmeriCorps Week 2013 Blog Series – Movie Night at St. Vincent de Paul

This is the 4th post in a series of 5 written by various CHC HealthCorps Navigators about their efforts during AmeriCorps Week 2013. Grace Capreol wrote this piece about movie night at St. Vincent de Paul Soup Kitchen in Middletown. … Continue reading

Posted in AmeriCorps, WYA | Leave a comment

Press Release: Stamford “Health Day”

Written by Eliza Cole Contact: Eliza Cole, Community Health Center, Inc. (860) 262-2546, [email protected] – or – Lissette Lopez, Neighbors Link (203) 674-8585 x102, [email protected] Event Planned to Provide Access to Health Services for Stamford’s Immigrant Population Franklin Street Community … Continue reading

Posted in News, Press Releases | Leave a comment

AmeriCorps Week 2013 Blog Series – Shelter Now

This is the 3rd post in a series of 5 written by various CHC HealthCorps Navigators about their efforts during AmeriCorps Week 2013. Ruthie Tallents wrote this piece about Shelter Now in Meriden. Keeping in theme with our WYA “Healthcare … Continue reading

Posted in AmeriCorps, News, WYA | Leave a comment

AmeriCorps Week 2013 Blog Series – Master’s Manna

This is the 2nd post in a series of 5 written by various CHC HealthCorps Navigators about their efforts during AmeriCorps Week 2013. Jackie Wang wrote this piece about Master’s Manna in Wallingford, Connecticut. Our kick-off night ended with Navigators exhausted from the long … Continue reading

Posted in AmeriCorps, News, WYA | Leave a comment

Registered Dietitian Profile – Gail Wikler

March is National Nutrition Month. Read on to meet Gail Wikler, a Registered Dietitian at CHC, Inc.! –          What inspired you to become a Registered Dietician? As I child, I watched both of my parents struggle with obesity and the … Continue reading

Bryan Sivak, Chief Technology Officer, Health and Human Services

This week, Mark and Margaret speak with Bryan Sivak, Chief Technology Officer of the Department of Health and Human Services. Mr. Sivak talks about programs underway at HHS to harness the power of data, technology and innovation to improve the … Continue reading

Posted in CHC Radio | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment