Browsed by
Month: March 2013

Registered Dietitian Profile – Rachel Swanson

Registered Dietitian Profile – Rachel Swanson

March is National Nutrition Month. Read on to meet Rachel Swanson, one of the fantastic Registered Dietitians at CHC, Inc.! –          What inspired you to become a Registered Dietician? Once I saw how much better we could all feel when eating well, I was sold!  I have worked with so many folks that -with a little bit of nutrition guidance, have made remarkable changes in how they live their lives. –          What’s your favorite food? My favorite food has to…

Read More Read More

AmeriCorps Week 2013 Blog Series – Norwalk Open Door Shelter

AmeriCorps Week 2013 Blog Series – Norwalk Open Door Shelter

This is the final post of 5 written by various CHC HealthCorps Navigators about their efforts during AmeriCorps Week 2013. Marsha Pierre wrote this piece about a Career Prep Fair at Norwalk Open Door Shelter. The HealthCorps Navigators and Day St. Community Health Center hosted a Career Prep Fair for the public at the Open Door Shelter, located in Norwalk, Connecticut, on Thursday March 14th. The fair, held in honor of AmeriCorps Week, was intended to help the unemployed in…

Read More Read More

Dr. Rushika Fernandopulle, Founder and CEO of Iora Health

Dr. Rushika Fernandopulle, Founder and CEO of Iora Health

This week, Mark and Margaret speak with Dr. Rushika Fernandopulle, Founder and CEO of Iora Health, a Cambridge-based startup that is seeking to transform primary care delivery. Dr. Fernandopulle speaks about his quest to reinvent all aspects of care delivery by adressing many of the ailments in the current health care system, including payment models, staffing, IT systems and culture.

Registered Dietitian Profile – Kara Ellis

Registered Dietitian Profile – Kara Ellis

March is National Nutrition Month. Read on to meet Kara Ellis, CHC, Inc.’s Lead Dietitian! –          What inspired you to become a Registered Dietician? Growing up I always thought I wanted to be a doctor – until my senior year of college when I finally decided that I wanted to work more on the prevention of medical conditions, rather than the treatment. Nutrition plays such a pivotal role in disease prevention and overall wellness.  –          What’s your favorite food? Mint…

Read More Read More

AmeriCorps Week 2013 Blog Series – Movie Night at St. Vincent de Paul

AmeriCorps Week 2013 Blog Series – Movie Night at St. Vincent de Paul

This is the 4th post in a series of 5 written by various CHC HealthCorps Navigators about their efforts during AmeriCorps Week 2013. Grace Capreol wrote this piece about movie night at St. Vincent de Paul Soup Kitchen in Middletown.             As AmeriCorps Week 2013 hit its midway point, the Community HealthCorps Navigators of CHC, Inc. were doing anything but slowing down.  Around 3:30pm on Wednesday the 13th of March, and after a successful project day at Shelter Now in…

Read More Read More

Press Release: Stamford “Health Day”

Press Release: Stamford “Health Day”

Written by Eliza Cole Contact: Eliza Cole, Community Health Center, Inc. (860) 262-2546, [email protected] – or – Lissette Lopez, Neighbors Link (203) 674-8585 x102, [email protected] Event Planned to Provide Access to Health Services for Stamford’s Immigrant Population Franklin Street Community Health Center and Neighbor’s Link to Co-Host “Health Day”   STAMFORD, CT (March 12, 2013): On March 25th, 2013 from 9am until 4 p.m. the Franklin Street Community Health Center and Neighbors Link Stamford will co-host the second annual “Health…

Read More Read More