Browsed by
Month: February 2013

Dr. Jonathan Oberlander, Professor of Health Policy & Management, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.

Dr. Jonathan Oberlander, Professor of Health Policy & Management, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.

This week, Mark and Margaret speak with Dr. Jonathan Oberlander, Professor of Social Medicine and Health Policy & Management at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill about his recently released report highlighting some of the Affordable Care Act’s political vulnerabilities.

CHC Staff Collaborate on Article in American Journal of Preventive Medicine

CHC Staff Collaborate on Article in American Journal of Preventive Medicine

CHC, Inc. is proud to announce that our very own Jayme Hannay, MPH, PhD, Robert W. Dudley, MD, MEd, and Paula K. Leibovitz, MS, RD, CDE recently published an article in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine (AJPM). The article is titled Combining Photovoice and Focus Groups: Engaging Latina Teens in Community Assessment, and it discusses ways to tackle female childhood obesity in the Latin American population of New Britain. Stephanie Milan, PhD, an Associate Professor in UConn’s Department of…

Read More Read More

Psychology Postdoctoral Resident Profile – Andrew Daren

Psychology Postdoctoral Resident Profile – Andrew Daren

Meet Andrew Daren, a resident in CHC’s Psychology Postdoctoral Residency Program! –          Can you tell us a bit about your educational background?     Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology at Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology.  I went to Brandeis University in Massachusetts for undergrad and majored in psychology. –          What about joining CHC most excites you?   Working closely with experienced medical and behavioral health professionals as well as a diverse patient population. –          If not seeing patients/serving at CHC you would rather be…

Read More Read More

Integrated Care for Special Populations

Integrated Care for Special Populations

The following is an email to CHC Staff announcing the Integrated Care  for Special Populations.  It has been edited for the blog. As you know, CHC has long been a  source of excellent care and caring for many particularly vulnerable popuations.  Among them are our patients served in our HIV and Ryan White programs, our Hepatitis C treatment program, our Subaxone program, and our “Wherever You Are” Health Care for the Homeless Program.  We think it is a logical next step…

Read More Read More

Nurse Practitioner in Residency Profile – Elizabeth Scott

Nurse Practitioner in Residency Profile – Elizabeth Scott

Meet Elizabeth Scott, a Nurse Practitioner in Residency at CHC, Inc.! –          Can you tell us a bit about your educational background? I studied International Development at McGill University in Montreal as an undergraduate. I did my RN certificate and Masters in Nursing at Yale. Between the two degrees I spent a couple of years working in public health in South Sudan, and then a year working at a drop-in center for homeless men in Toronto.  –          What about joining CHC…

Read More Read More

Dr. Jeffery Levi, Trust for America’s Health

Dr. Jeffery Levi, Trust for America’s Health

This week, Mark and Margaret speak with Dr. Jeffery Levi, Executive Director of Trust for America’s Health, a non profit organization seeking to make disease prevention a national priority. Dr. Levi discusses his recent report: A Healthier America 2013, in which he outlines prevention strategies focusing on obesity, public health, flu pandemics and bioterrorism readiness.