Browsed by
Month: January 2013

FoodCorps Service Member Profile – Deanna Lampo

FoodCorps Service Member Profile – Deanna Lampo

Meet Deanna Lampo, a FoodCorps Service Member based out of the CHC, Inc. in New Britain!  –          Can you tell us a bit about your educational background? I graduated from Millersville University of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Sociology, with a minor in Cultural Anthropology and concentrated the majority of my undergraduate research on Food and Culture. –          What about joining CHC most excites you? Being a part of team that is working so diligently to improve communities…

Read More Read More

Julie Nash – Registered-Play Therapist Supervisor

Julie Nash – Registered-Play Therapist Supervisor

We are proud to announce that Julie Nash, Ph.D. and Behavioral Health Clinician at CHC, is now a fully-certified Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor! This esteemed credential is granted by the Association for Play Therapy (APT) and is the highest level of recognition awarded through the organization. Now, you might be thinking, what exactly is play therapy? According to Julie, there are two definitions of play therapy that are particularly helpful. The first is the formal definition provided by APT, which states…

Read More Read More

Dr. Drew Altman, President and CEO of Kaiser Family Foundation

Dr. Drew Altman, President and CEO of Kaiser Family Foundation

This week, Mark and Margaret speak with Dr. Drew Altman, President and CEO of the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, a non-profit organization focused on major health care issues facing the nation as well as global health. Kaiser is dedicated to providing non-partisan health information and analysis for policy makers, the media and general public.

HealthCorps Navigator Profile – Sara Maldonado

HealthCorps Navigator Profile – Sara Maldonado

Meet Sara Maldonado, a HealthCorps Navigator serving in CHC’s School-Based Health Centers.  – Can you tell us a bit about your educational background? I graduated in May 2012 from Tufts University in Medford, MA and majored in Community Health and Latin American Studies. – What about joining CHC most excites you? I’m most excited to be able to work in underserved populations and gain hands on experience working in different communities. – If not seeing patients/serving at CHC you would rather be…

Read More Read More

Up on the Rooftop at CHC, Redux

Up on the Rooftop at CHC, Redux

This holiday season, the tune “Up on the Rooftop” kept echoing in my head.  Partly because of hearing various high school choruses perform it, but also because of the roof top of CHC’s building on Main Street in Middletown. The rooftop has become an important place in the community, as illustrated in the blog post Up on the Rooftop at CHC.  The views from the roof, with its gardens tended by local elementary school students, and space for various gatherings…

Read More Read More

Nurse Practitioner in Residency Profile – Krishna Kothary

Nurse Practitioner in Residency Profile – Krishna Kothary

Meet Krishna Kothary, a Nurse Practitioner in Residency at CHC, Inc. !  –          Can you tell us a bit about your educational background? University of Iowa – Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Global Health Minor; Johns Hopkins University – Masters of Science in Nursing & Masters of Public Health –          What about joining CHC most excites you? To be around a group of passionate individuals working for the same cause! –          If not seeing patients/serving at CHC you would rather be _____________? I…

Read More Read More