HealthCorps Navigator Profile – Nadine Byers

HealthCorps Navigator Profile – Nadine Byers

Meet Nadine Byers, a HealthCorps Navigator serving in the Early Detection Program at CHC, Inc. ! 

–          Can you tell us a bit about your educational background?

I have a bachelors degree in Women’s and Gender Studies from the University of Maine at Farmington.  I also took classes at Allegheny College and the University of Southern Maine.

–          What about joining CHC most excites you?

I am overwhelmed by the variety of wellness-related projects in which CHC is involved.  I think that the emphasis CHC puts on community health and the social aspects of wellness and health care are a model for the future of primary care and I hope to someday work in a similar organization at the provider level.

–          If not seeing patients/serving at CHC you would rather be _____________?

Cooking and watching bad TV with my family, playing with my squishy baby nephews or out dancing to cheesy pop music with a gang of friends.

–          What musical artist currently dominates your iPod?

Well, I haven’t actually updated the music on my iPod since I got it, so the contents aren’t very telling regarding my current obsessions.  The Traveling Wilburys win for most songs, but I’ve been enjoying a renaissance in my affection for the Ramones, so I think they have more play time lately.

–          Do you have a unique talent?

Nope, no unique talents.  I was always good at making the Jello salad for holiday dinners.

–          What is your favorite sports team?

I am a total chameleon when it comes to sports—if I am around people who are excited about a team or a game, I will get into it too, but otherwise I don’t really notice them.

–          What is your current favorite movie?

Cold Comfort Farm.

–           What is your dream job?

I always wanted to be a dairy farmer when I was a kid.  I sometimes still think that I would like to do the farming/homesteading thing, but it is probably a better fantasy than it would be a reality.

Comments are closed.