Browsed by
Month: October 2012

Dr. Molly Coye, Chief Innovation Officer, UCLA Health System

Dr. Molly Coye, Chief Innovation Officer, UCLA Health System

This week, Mark and Margaret speak with Dr. Molly Coye, Chief Innovation Officer of the UCLA Health System. Dr. Coye discusses broad reaching transformations underway at UCLA Health that are utilizing innovative technology and team-based medicine to yield better health outcomes for their patient population, while reducing costs within the system.

New Nurse Practitioner in Residency Profile – Elizabeth Wytychak

New Nurse Practitioner in Residency Profile – Elizabeth Wytychak

Meet Elizabeth Wytychak, a new Nurse Practitioner in Residency at CHC!   –          Can you tell us a bit about your educational background? I went to undergrad at Occidental College in Los Angeles, where I majored in Cognitive Science.  I then joined the direct-entry RN to MSN program at Yale School of Nursing, where I studied to become a Family Nurse Practitioner. –          What about joining CHC most excites you? I am thrilled to be part of a team that…

Read More Read More

Health Justice Town Hall – Response from a HealthCorps Navigator

Health Justice Town Hall – Response from a HealthCorps Navigator

When I first heard of the event titled “Health Justice Town Hall Meeting”, I felt it would be right up my alley. As a HealthCorps Navigator that has recently applied to law school, I figured there would be few better opportunities to combine what I am currently doing with what I am about to do next in life. Having sat-in on the live screening of the Town Hall in the Community Room in Middletown this past Tuesday, I can confirm…

Read More Read More

October is National Hygienist Month

October is National Hygienist Month

The following is a message that Margaret Drozdowski Maule, DMD, MBA, our Chief Dental Officer sent to our dental staff today: October is a wonderful month; the fall foliage looks spectacular, kids dress up for Halloween, and we all eat too much candy.  But October is also national hygiene appreciation month.  Whether you work in a fixed site or a mobile site at CHC, we greatly appreciate the wonderful care you all provide to our patients across the state.  Your role…

Read More Read More

Health Justice Town Hall – Some Remarks From Dr. Manohar

Health Justice Town Hall – Some Remarks From Dr. Manohar

This past Tuesday, CHC took part in the Health Justice Town Hall, which brought people involved in health care across the state of Connecticut together to discuss current disparities and how to improve our state system moving forwards. We live-streamed the Town Hall at our sites in Middletown and New London, and CHC’s very own Dr. Manohar shared his thoughts with us following the event’s completion. Dear Friends, I am very glad CHC decided to help host this important meeting and I am happy to…

Read More Read More

Robert E. Mechanic, Senior Fellow at Heller School, Brandeis University

Robert E. Mechanic, Senior Fellow at Heller School, Brandeis University

This week, Mark and Margaret speak with Robert E. Mechanic, Senior Fellow at the Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University. Mr. Mechanic is the lead author on a report in this month’s Health Affairs that offers the first in-depth analysis of the effectiveness of cost containment measures in the State of Massachusetts since near-universal health coverage was achieved in that state. The report looks at the rise of Accountable Care Organizations and the creation of an…

Read More Read More