Browsed by
Month: January 2012

Dr. Eric Topol, Cardiologist, Geneticist and Director of the Scripps Translational Institute.

Dr. Eric Topol, Cardiologist, Geneticist and Director of the Scripps Translational Institute.

Conversations speaks this week with Dr. Eric Topol, Director of the Scripps Translational Institute and author of The Creative Destruction of Medicine: How the Digital Revolution Will Create Better Health Care. Mark and Margaret speak with Dr. Topol about the pivotal role genomics and telemedicine is having on health care, and the potential for a health care revolution with these emerging technologies.

Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service

Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service

The following is a blog post by Diana Desmornes, an AmeriCorps Member working out of our Fairfield County Offices. On Saturday January 14, 2012, CHC AmeriCorps members joined the Stamford Community to honor   Dr. King’s Legacy. We participated in a variety of community service projects, ranging from helping at soup kitchens and homeless shelters to playing bingo with the elderly. We were not only encouraged to honor him through community service; we were also reminded, not too long ago, blacks…

Read More Read More

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

The following is a message from CHC President and CEO to the staff of CHC: Today,  is Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr  Day and we take a moment to reflect on the life of a great man. He would be great if he only spoke truth to power on the issue of Civil Rights in America, but he did so much more. He spoke out against our governments involvement in war  and most eloquently about the economic inequalities that exist between…

Read More Read More

Helping Get the New Year Off to a Great Start

Helping Get the New Year Off to a Great Start

Well, here we are, two weeks into the New Year.  Middletown saw a great kick off to the new year with Middnight on Main and many of us have made resolutions about how we’ll make this year better than the last. Unfortunately, too often we start the New Year with the best intentions, but end up failing to achieve our goals.  One thing that can help us achieve our goals is getting together with a group of people all working…

Read More Read More

Dr. Don Berwick, Recent Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services

Dr. Don Berwick, Recent Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services

Conversations speaks with Dr. Don Berwick, recent head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and a longtime advocate of patient safety and overhaul of the health care industry. Hosts Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Berwick about transforming health care for all Americans and his focus on the triple aim of better quality, better health, and lower costs in health care.

Teen Life Conference

Teen Life Conference

I was a social awkward youth, inexperienced in the ways of the world during my teen years which made high school a challenge.  At the time, I didn’t realize how difficult it was for so many of my friends as well, but recently many of my old classmates have reconnected via Facebook and with a few more decades behind us, we’re speaking more openly and honestly about the trials of our teen years. Facebook can be a tool to help…

Read More Read More