Monthly Archives: August 2011

Dr. Garth Graham, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Minority Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Conversations on Health Care focuses today on addressing the healthcare needs of racial and ethnic populations. Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Dr. Garth Graham, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Minority Health at HHS, about reducing and eliminating health disparities … Continue reading

Posted in CHC Radio | Leave a comment

North and Central Regional Employee of the Month

Note: Julia joins Amy in writing about outstanding employees from various sites around CHC. On Friday, August 5th, we had our first all staff meeting as a newly designated North and Central Region. This region encompasses the CHC sites in … Continue reading

Posted in Employees | Leave a comment

Reflecting on World Breastfeeding Week

Last week was World Breastfeeding Week, and there was a great discussion at CHC about how best to promote it.  Our Family Wellness Center, which has been offering breastfeeding support for nearly two decades, had a poster up for The … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | 4 Comments

Facing the Drill at the Dentist Office

Like many people, I’m not all that fond of going to the dentist office to get a cavity filled.  I hate getting the shots, having my mouth all numb, and listening to the sound of the drill.  I do feel … Continue reading

Posted in Quality | 1 Comment

Governor Peter Shumlin of Vermont

Conversations on Health Care focuses this week on Vermont’s plan to create the first single-payer health insurance program in the nation. Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin about the bill he signed into law this … Continue reading

Posted in CHC Radio | Leave a comment

CHC Leaders Present in National Forum on Using Data to Drive Quality Improvement

On July 22, 2011, Clinical Director Margaret Flinter, Chief Medical Officer Nwando Olayiwola, and Chief Quality Officer Daren Andersen presented on a Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Health Information Technology and Quality Webinar. The webinar focused on how safety … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment