Browsed by
Month: June 2011

How Can We Inspire Health?

How Can We Inspire Health?

If one question caught my attention and summed up my thoughts from the Weitzman Symposium last week, it was Jay Parkinson’s question, “How Can We Inspire Health?”  It was a brilliant exploration of the topic.  But the symposium is now over and we need to get back to work; moving beyond thinking about the questions to acting upon them. That is what happened Saturday at our Day Street Community Health Center in Norwalk. There is more to health than a…

Read More Read More

Weitzman Symposium Live Stream

Weitzman Symposium Live Stream

Welcome to the live streams for the Weitzman Symposium.  In order to make the conference more broadly available and encourage participation, we have set up a CoverItLive page where you can participate, and a video stream from Ustream.TV We’ve set up both of these to work with the #Weitzman hashtag, so you can also participate via Twitter with your favorite TweetChat tool.

Weitzman Symposium, 2011

Weitzman Symposium, 2011

An alert flashed up on my screen this morning letting me know that the Weitzman Symposium is tomorrow.  It is the Sixth Annual Weitzman Symposium and I’m pretty excited because it is my first Weitzman Symposium and the first Weitzman Symposium that will be streamed online. It is an impressive group of health care leaders from around the country that will be attending.  Coming in from Washington DC is Garth Graham, MD, MPH, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Minority Health, U.S….

Read More Read More

Amy D. Gagliardi is named to the Board of Directors of the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition and attends her first board meeting

Amy D. Gagliardi is named to the Board of Directors of the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition and attends her first board meeting

Note: One evening last week, I was talking with coworkers and Amy Gagliardi’s name came up.  One person commented that they weren’t exactly sure what Ms. Gagliardi does, and another commented that it was something really important to do with health care for expecting mothers.  Here is a post from Amy about her recent trip to Washington DC which may help people understand the valuable contribution she makes at CHC at to Maternal and Child Health everywhere. Recently I traveled…

Read More Read More

Using Animation to Keep Kids Enrolled in Medicaid

Using Animation to Keep Kids Enrolled in Medicaid

Last month, the Connecticut Mirror ran an article entitled Study: Babies wrongfully lose state insurance at first birthday about a report by CT Voices for Children, HUSKY Program Coverage for Infants: Maintaining Coverage When Babies Turn One.  The crux of the article and the report was that: Thousands of infants inadvertently lose Medicaid coverage after their first birthday because of a confusing eligibility process that occurs when the state Department of Social Services changes the way the babies are categorized…

Read More Read More