Browsed by
Month: May 2011

Text4Baby and WABC-TV

Text4Baby and WABC-TV

A little over a week ago, I wrote about the Text4baby: The State Enrollment Contest and now the first weeks statistics are available.  New Hampshire, Wyoming, West Virginia, Kansas and Vermont are leading the pack, with Connecticut currently ranked 32rd.  It looks like we’ve got a lot of work to do, but we’ve got some special resources. On Saturday, May 21st , WABC-TV will air a special entitled, “Protect Our Children: Healthy & Fit” at 7 PM, EDT.  It sounds…

Read More Read More

Mental Health Month Blog Party

Mental Health Month Blog Party

Today, the American Psychological Association is hosting a Mental Health Month Blog Party.  It seems like a great idea.  First, blog parties are important social media events.  They are opportunities to connect with other blogs interested in similar issues.  I’m hoping to find some great new blogs as a result of this blog party.  Mental Health Month is likewise a great idea.  The APA’s blog post talks about the importance of good mental health and trying to reduce the stigma…

Read More Read More

AmeriCorps Week

AmeriCorps Week

AmeriCorps week got off to a wet week in Connecticut.  Sunday, the team was at the Enfield Common Grounds Rotary Garden, but had to cancel after a few hours because of the rain.  Monday was also rainy as they started their bike trip from Enfield to New Britain.  They biked through East Windsor, South Windsor, Hartford and on to New Britain, stopping to view some llamas and posting updates along the way.  You can follow their progress on Twitter.   They…

Read More Read More

New Employee of the Month Program in Fairfield County Recognizes Noemi Portillo, Stamford Front Desk Receptionist

New Employee of the Month Program in Fairfield County Recognizes Noemi Portillo, Stamford Front Desk Receptionist

Note: CHC has many wonderful employees and we are exploring ways of honoring their great work.  Amy Taylor has sent me the following as a blog post, which we hope to see develop into a regular feature.  Please, let us know your thoughts.  – Aldon Adele Gordon, director of CHC’s three Fairfield County sites, initiated a new employee recognition program beginning this month.  The program is designed to highlight the accomplishments of a staff member in Fairfield County who goes…

Read More Read More

Quality: The combined and unceasing efforts of everybody

Quality: The combined and unceasing efforts of everybody

Friday afternoon.  It has been a full week and my desk is still covered with things to follow up on.  So, I’m going to cover a few different important topics. Let’s start off with National Nurses Week.  It ended yesterday on Florence Nightingale’s birthday.  As a kid, I always thought of Florence Nightingale as the topic that the nice girls who would grow up and be suburban housewives chose to write reports about back in fifth grade when we studied…

Read More Read More

Celebrating Milestones

Celebrating Milestones

As the flood waters roll down the Mississippi, people fight for democracy around the globe and politicians struggle over difficult budget issues in Hartford and Washington, we can easily get overwhelmed.  It is important to try and keep things in perspective, so I look out my window at the tulips that are blooming in front of CHC’s behavioral health building, and the flag flying above the new building that is under construction a block away. Yesterday, CHC staff, together with…

Read More Read More