Monthly Archives: May 2011

Quality: The combined and unceasing efforts of everybody

Friday afternoon.  It has been a full week and my desk is still covered with things to follow up on.  So, I’m going to cover a few different important topics. Let’s start off with National Nurses Week.  It ended yesterday … Continue reading

Posted in Employees | Leave a comment

Celebrating Milestones

As the flood waters roll down the Mississippi, people fight for democracy around the globe and politicians struggle over difficult budget issues in Hartford and Washington, we can easily get overwhelmed.  It is important to try and keep things in … Continue reading

Posted in Construction | Leave a comment

Donna Thompson, chief executive officer of Access Community Health Network in Chicago

Conversations on Health Care focuses this week on the unique role of community health centers in integrating clinical excellence with education, training, and research. Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Donna Thompson, RN, CEO of Access Community Health Network … Continue reading

Posted in CHC Radio | Leave a comment

Text4baby: The State Enrollment Contest.

Part of orientation for new employees at CHC is a bus tour of different sites we run around the state.  To some, it may seem repetitive.  How much difference is there, really between different waiting rooms or examination rooms?  Yet … Continue reading

Posted in General | Tagged | 1 Comment

Join us in celebrating Patricia Mik, RN, CHC’s “Nightingale Award 2011 recipient”

The following is a message from Mark and Margaret about Patricia Mik, RN, CHC’s “Nightingale Award 2011 recipient”  Thursday evening in the ballroom of the Hartford Marriott, a thousand people gathered for the annual Nightingale Awards for Excellence in Nursing.  … Continue reading

Posted in Nursing, WYA | Leave a comment

“Our life is more than our work, and our work is more than our job.”

It is an old union chant I learned decades ago and these days, as people struggle to find good jobs, it has come back to my mind.  Many people I know take jobs to pay the bills.  Their job aren’t … Continue reading

Posted in General | Leave a comment

Barbara DiPietro, policy director for the National Health Care for the Homeless Council.

Conversations on Health Care focuses this week on the health care needs of the homeless. Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter speak with Barbara DiPietro, who directs policy and advocacy for the National Health Care for the Homeless Council, about delivering … Continue reading

Posted in CHC Radio, WYA | Leave a comment

STD Awareness Month

Okay.  I did it again.  I put off writing about important medical tests.  March was National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month.  I waited until the end of the month to write about it, just as I imagine people have put off … Continue reading

Posted in General | Leave a comment

Happy Birthday CHC is 39 today – May 1st

A message from Mark and Margaret on the 39th anniversary of CHC: Greetings Margaret and I,  want to extend a Happy 39th Birthday wish to everyone at CHC! What a month leading up to May 1st – our construction projects … Continue reading

Posted in General, PCMH | Leave a comment